Who can benefit from therapy?
From time to time, we all need someone to talk to. Even if we have a close friend or family member to confide in, we often cannot express the full detail of our circumstances, thoughts, and emotions for fear of judgement, compromising our personal privacy, or worrying our loved ones. People who might benefit from therapy include those experiencing:
- Feelings of profound sorrow or helplessness
- An inability to focus on everyday tasks
- Difficulty coping with relationship issues
- Addiction to drugs or alcohol
- Persistent stress and anxiety
- Trauma from physical or psychological abuse